Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Rug hooking a Teddy Bear

This week or next week I hope to start another Teddy Bear that is rug hooked. I am going to try my hand at jointing the arms and legs on this bear.
I will probably be using cleaned raw mohair to hook this bear with. I am thinking about a white bear with pastel colored ear and paw inserts. But we will see what it ends up looking like.
First I need to sew a cloth bear to make sure that this pattern will work for rug hooking. That is the first thing I recommend is to do a test run in fabric of something you are thinking about creating in the art of dimensional rug hooking. It would be very disappointing to do all your rug hooking and then find out the pieces are not going to go together.

If you have any questions about this art form feel free to ask and I will try my best to answer it.

Stay tuned for the free online dimensional rug hooking class. Hope to get to that soon.

JoEllen

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...